087 270 9646
1. The Village Barn only hosts one wedding per day so the venue is exclusively yours on the day of the event except for Willies Bar which is located on the street and open to the public.
2. A Provisional Booking with no obligation to confirm the same of your preferred date will be held for 7 days, subject to availability.
3. A non-refundable deposit of €2,000 is required to secure and confirm the booking date. A further non-refundable payment of €1000 is payable 1 year in advance. The deposit is not moveable or refundable unless we are closed by government direction or restrictions allow for less than 40 guests.
4. Payment of the deposit indicates an acceptance and understanding of all these Terms and Conditions.
5. Speeches are only allowed after the meal or if before then 1 hour before meal time and only on the orangery
6. Minimum spend applies to all dates and will be stated in your package details email.
7. The final number of attending guests charged is required 5 Days Prior to your function. This will be deemed as minimum numbers for the day and the invoice will be based on these numbers. No decrease will be entertained. Any increase in numbers will be charged accordingly.
8. Package prices quoted are fixed and include value added tax (VAT) at 13.5% (however prices are subject to increase if the government increases the VAT rate).
9. The menu choice is to be made two weeks prior to the function and all dietary requirements stated
10. The Venue will not be liable for any failure or delay in providing facilities, services, food, or beverages as a result of force majeure events and/or matters outside of its control.
11. The venue does not accept responsibility for any item(s), including but not limited to, wedding gifts, cards, cash, and/or any other item which may be handed to any staff member. We strongly advise that an appointed member of your wedding party look after this and this person’s name be made known to our team prior to your wedding day.
12. No Food or Beverage items may be brought into the Venue or consumed on site (apart from the wedding cake). As our site has limited access if you are considering an external vendor please check with us prior to booking
13. 50% of the total Invoice for Weddings/Banquets is required 1 week prior to the function by Banker’s Draft or Cash credit card or bank transfer, with the balance payable on departure.
14. The Package does not include a wedding tasting as we don’t have a restaurant to facilitate this
15. The venue reserves the right to cancel the event and refund the deposit in the circumstances where the booking is made through a third party and/or under false and/or fraudulent pretenses.
16. Wedding event bookings must be made by both parties of the wedding couple. No wedding event bookings will be accepted by a third party. The venue reserves the right to cancel the event, without notice, should it become known that a third party has made the booking, or that the person(s) booking the event has presented themselves in a false and/or fraudulent manner.
17. The venue reserves the right to bill any charges at a later date that are outstanding at the time of final payment.
18. On confirmation of your wedding booking, you will have the right to book the accommodation associated with our venue for the night of your wedding, and if you are having access to the venue the day before accommodation can be booked for this date also. If you are just booking the venue for one day then accommodation is only available that night. All ‘OUR’ accommodation is actually owned by Davan Clarke @ firstname.lastname@example.org and the contract for the accommodation is between you and Davan
19. On confirmation of your wedding booking, all our accommodation will be automatically held on the night of your wedding until you are contacted by the accommodation team to confirm your requirements
20. It is the Venue’s policy to close our bars punctually in accordance with current licensing laws and as we are not a hotel we do not have a resident’s bar. Amplified music and entertainment must cease as specified by current closing times.
21. The Venue may cancel an event if it might prejudice the reputation of the venue, and in such event, the venue will refund all advance payments made but will have no further liability.
22. The Couple must supply to the venue one month prior to the event date a copy of Public Indemnity Insurance for any third-party suppliers i.e. Band, Irish Dancers, etc. Failure to provide a satisfactory public indemnity insurance certificate will result in the supplier being unable to perform/provide goods/services on the premises.
The Venue may cancel the event even midway through in the following circumstances:
a) The Venue has a reasonable belief that the booking might prejudice the reputation of the Venue and/or the health, safety, and/or welfare of staff and/or guests.
b) Alcoholic Beverages/Drugs are brought onto the premises before or during the event.
c) Guests attending the event behave in any way considered to be aggressive, offensive, or contrary to normal expected standards of behaviour towards fellow guests or members of staff and/or commit criminal acts.
d) A third party has made the booking, or the person booking the event has presented themselves in a fraudulent manner.
e) 2nd payment is not made within the agreed timeframe within these terms & conditions.
– €2000 – Initial Deposit to secure date Non-refundable
– €1000 payable 12 months in advance of wedding Non-refundable
– 50% of the balance due 1 week in advance of the wedding date, the balance on departure.
In the unlikely event of a cancellation by the wedding couple, the notification must be sent to the Venue in writing. Unfortunately, your deposit will be forfeited if outside of 12 months of the date. If between 12 and 6 months of the third payment of €1000 will also be forfeited if inside 6 months 50% of the minimum spend applicable to your date will be payable